- Spending time with my fantabulously amazing husband, the Best Guy Ever.
- Spending time with the people I love.
- Reading. What books is my nose currently stuck in? I just finished Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, which I enjoyed immensely, to my very great surprise and delight. I'm also reading the rather lengthy but amusing Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, as well as Ann Brashare's (thus far) cute YA novel, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Other books that I love include The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis (and just about any other writing by Lewis), The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling, The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis, and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
- Climbing mountains.
- Writing. I have enjoyed writing, first fiction and later poetry, since my late elementary school years. To date, I have written three novels/novellas (two of those for NaNoWriMo) and am currently working on my fourth, have published four poems in various journals and magazines, and have written a respectable number of short stories, blog posts, and other rants. I even earned my bachelor's degree in creative writing, although I'm not sure how much that's worth.
- Playing scrum. It's like free-for-all rugby. Bring it.
- Photography. I'm very much the amateur, but enjoy it nonetheless. I especially enjoy photo days with the Best Husband Ever or with some of my talented photographer friends. You can browse my photo madness here.
- Yoga. I take classes at the local YMCA, and also enjoy online classes with Hillary and Elsie.
- Watching movies. Especially good ones. Some favorites include Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Seabiscuit, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, The 10th Kingdom, and The Snowman. Honorable television series mentions go to Buffy, Firefly, and Smallville. I'll even admit to following America's Next Top Model.
- Teaching. In addition to writing, I earned my Master's degree in elementary education. Although I grow increasingly unhappy with what seems to be an eternal stint as a substitute teacher, I really do enjoy working with kids and being in the classroom. I hope to do it full-time someday, somehow.
- Crocheting. I can't say that I'm much good at it, but it's quite exciting to see my fingers turn a skein of yarn into an only moderately lumpy scarf or other project.
- Musicals and show tunes. The cheesier, the better.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Have you noticed that it's Thursday already? Which means that it's nearly the weekend, that ER is on television tonight, and that it is time for my second Thursday Thirteen. I thought it would be fun for you to learn more about me, the head honcho of this muffinpalooza. So my topic for this week's list is thirteen things I enjoy in addition to making muffins, once again in a (mostly) random order.