How was your week? Mine was up and down at best. I had some wonderful shining moments of peace, of good writing, and of enjoying my body, my husband, and life in general. I even did a sweet 90 minute Baptiste power yoga podcast class from Dave Farmar, which is the first time I've done yoga in a long, long while.
There's been a bunch of hard stuff, too. Three out of the five past days I experienced some pretty rotten feedback from my gut, with Tuesday being the worst. However, I'm glad that I was able to be gentle with myself during these times. Instead of forcing my body through a grueling high-impact workout, I enjoyed some chilled out walks with the pups and, as I already mentioned, some yoga. I even did my first extended rebounding session, which was an interesting experience. My sleep has been weird, swinging between a couple of hours a night to full-out snooze sessions peppered with really vivid and not-so-nice dreams.
But now it's Friday. A time for refreshing, for letting the intensity drop a bit, for renewal. I hope my body will behave.
In honor of the Twitter Follow Friday tradition, I also wanted to share some sites and blogs that I read with regular enjoyment. What's on your blog reading list? Do tell, so I can check scope them out!
- Eat the Damn Cake - Fellow bloggers Kate and Maggie just started this new blog/dialogue site to promote honest discussions among women about themselves, their food, and their bodies. Amazing.
- The Guild - I just finished watching this free web-series about online gamers. It is hilarious! Just watch one episode (each is 6-ish minutes long) and you will be hooked, too.
- The Belly Project - Another body image blog, this one cataloging the variety and beauty in bellies of all shapes, sizes, and ages through photography and personal stories.
- Petit Plat - This is a new find, but this blogger makes mini food art, including jewelry, that any foodie will geek out over.
- Donald Miller's Blog - I really like Miller's published books about nonreligious Christianity, the most well-known probably being Blue Like Jazz. This is his blog (obviously).
- Yoga Diary: Sadie Nardini - Nardini created core vinyasa yoga, an intense flowing practice focused on strengthening the core through all movements. I really like her style, her sass, and, of course, her yoga. This is her Yoga Journal blog.
- Whedonesque - This is the community blog of Joss Whedon, creator of shows I really, really like: Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Firefly; Angel; Dollhouse; and Dr. Horrible. I don't know why more people aren't fans, because Whedon's work is fabulous. Even the Best Husband Ever agrees, and he's quite the media connoisseur. Go. Watch some Buffy. You won't regret it. (And yes, I am quite serious.)